updated 2016-11-08 04:10 utc by goh kawai
Be a TA (teaching assistant) for English language courses at Hokkaido University
Thanks for your interest. We are accepting applications now. Download, read, fill out, and
return the forms listed at the bottom of this web page.
- All dates on this web page (but not necessarily in the attached
documents) are in ISO-8601 format.
- Start date of receiving applications: 2016-11-14 Friday Japan time
- Deadline for applications: 2016-12-05 Friday Japan time
- The earlier you submit your application, the earlier you are
likely to be invited for an interview. Do not wait until the deadline
to submit your application. Delaying your submission delays
- Sometime in 2016-11 or 2016-12 you may be invited for an interview. Not all
applicants are interviewed.
- Sometime in 2017-01 or 2017-02 you will be notified of whether
you are hired, and if so for how many class periods.
- The courses you are taking as a graduate student in 2017 affect when
you can TA for English language courses. At the time you apply for a TA position, you may
not know your own class schedule for 2017, partly because you do
not know when your classes meet. Sometime in 2017-03 we will adjust your TA schedule as far as practicable
to accommodate your class schedule. You are responsible for
keeping us apprised of your class schedule.
Description of the TA positions
Material specific for English II (English Online)
- Job description for 2017 spring semester (this describes
job requirements specific to English II)
- Comments received from TAs who taught English II in 2016 spring semester
(these comments may provide insight on job requirements)
- TA training session for English II in 2016 spring semester (this is last year's material,
which will remain largely unchanged for 2017 spring semester)
- Material given to students taking English II in 2016 spring semester (this is last year's material,
which will change somewhat for 2017 spring semester)
- Pick either one of these forms. (They are identical except
for the language in which they are written.) Download, fill out, and
email your form to the email address shown in the Contact
- To apply or to request further information, send email to Dr Mutsuko Masaki at
mutsu&imc.hokudai.ac.jp (replace "&" with "@" to obtain her valid email